CHALLENGE COURSE INSTALLER / INSPECTOR POSITION
Experiential Systems, Inc. (ESI) is a full service provider of challenge course, zip line, canopy tour, aerial adventure park and climbing wall systems and services. ESI has over 25 years of
experience in the industry and is an accredited vendor member of the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
ESI is a small mid-west based business that works internationally providing services to camps, schools, resorts, park districts, the military and the amusement industry. We strive
to conduct our business ethically to the standards written by ACCT, ASTM, the Climbing Wall Association (CWA), the American Camping Association (ACA) the Association for Experiential
Education (AEE), and the International Building Code (IBC) among others.
ESI’s fabrication and administrative offices are located in Thornton, Illinois right off I-294 about 20 minutes south of Chicago and 5 miles from the Indiana border. Our clients are
nationwide (with a few in other nations).
Work as a builder / inspector for projects that last from 1 day to 30 days primarily within the continental United States. Projects include: aerial adventure parks, high ropes courses, low team building courses, obstacle courses, climbing walls, climbing towers, zip lines and canopy zip line tours. ESI is looking for experienced installers and inspectors that can work
with our seasoned team. Safety is the number one priority for ESI for both our staff and our clients and we will provide the right candidates training and certification to relevant certifications, codes and standards. ESI will provide the required tools, and safety equipment required for the job.
ESI is looking for candidates with previous experience in the challenge course industry. This experience includes:
• Familiarity with one or more industry standards (ACCT, CWA, ASTM, ERCA and PRCA)
• Experience working at height and wearing proper OSHA compliant fall protection equipment
• Familiarity with vertical rope work and common rigging systems (ascending, descending, tying off, etc.)
• Experience with common hand tools (square, tape measure, level, saws, wrenches, drills, etc.)
• Familiarity with common wire rope terminations and tools (clamps, swage sleeves, types of wire rope, etc.)
• Ability to travel and complete work with limited supervision on inspections and maintenance projects
• Physical skills such as the ability to drive, lift, pull, push, climb and descend among others
• Ability to read prints and plans
• OSHA 10 hour or 40 Hour Certification
• ACCT, AIMS or NAARSO Certified Inspector
• SPRAT or IRATA Certification
• Machine Operator Certification (lift, lull, skid steer, etc.)
• Facilitation or operational experience of a high ropes course, zip tour or similar
• A college degree in a related field
$18.00 to $25.00 per hour plus overtime (Pay rate dependent on qualifications and experiences)
$40.00 per day meals stipend when traveling for ESI
$10.00 per hour while driving from ESI to job sites while in company vehicle
$0.54 per mile reimbursement for driving your vehicle for company business
All lodging expenses covered by ESI while traveling for company business
February 22, 2016
Please send resumes, vita and/or portfolio to:
Office: (877) 206-8967